Hypnobirthing is a new and natural approach to safe, relaxed and comfortable birthing. Our hypnobirthing classes prepare you with the knowledge, confidence and tools, empowering you to have the right birth for you.
This life changing antenatal education programme creates confident parents who trust themselves and, by using their natural instincts, make choices that are right for themselves and their families.
Hypnobirthing uses techniques which include breathing, deep relaxation, visualisations and positive affirmations. These techniques help to reduce your levels of stress, anxiety and fear, and so promote the release of the wonder hormones, “endorphins” and “oxytocin”, allowing your body to give birth efficiently and comfortably the way that it is designed to do.
Hypnobirthing gives you the tools you need to release any fear and tension that you may be holding on to that could impact on your having the type of birth that you desire.
The Bath Massage Company Hypnobirthing course teaches you deep relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to prepare your mind and body for the birth, which will allow your body to take over and birth your baby as nature intended. The course focuses on techniques for mum and her birth companion to ensure the birth of baby is a joyous experience you share together whether it’s your first, second or subsequent birth.
The Hypnobirthing Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Course
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is a complete programme that runs as either 4 x 2 hour classes or 2 x 4 hour classes.
Included in the course is a workbook and 5 x mp3s for you to use and support your practice at home. The course is recommended from 20 weeks onwards.
The classes include:
Class 1 and 2
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme material
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
Class 3 and 4
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explain
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
Couples together over 2 or 4 sessions in either Bath or Bristol (central city locations)
- The course fee includes 8 hours of personalised training, 5 x MP’s, a comprehensive Hypnobirthing booklet with additional reading and resources.
- The classes are for mum and her birth companion.
- The course runs from 6pm – 8pm over four consecutive dates, or from 1pm – 5pm for 2 sessions held on weekend.
- Refreshments are provided.
- FEE £250.00 per couple
Private classes are available in the evenings in the convenience of your own home or at one of my venues in Bath or Bristol. Extra cost applies for home visits. Please contact me for more details.
Since relaxation and focus are required, children are not permitted to attend the classes. If you are 37+ weeks please ask about the intensive 1 day class.
Upcoming Course Dates
July 22nd and 29th – 1pm-5pm (NOW FULLY BOOKED)
September 30th & October 14th – 1pm-5pm (spaces available)
If you’d like to find out more then please contact me for a discussion about the programme. And if you’d like to read some birth stories from clients who have done my course read them here.