The Bath Massage Company was founded in 2010 by Polly Chadwick to provide professional, caring, holistic and person-centred massage treatments and courses.
“I set up the business with the main goal of offering the best massage possible to help people in their health and wellness journey, and to support them through a really tailored treatment to address their individual needs. I am very proud today to have a fabulous team with me, who all have their own unique massage style, but all have the same ethics and that is to give the best massage possible and treat each client with the respect and compassion they deserve” Polly Chadwick
Polly and team work from the recently and beautifully refurbished treatments rooms at Seasons Natural Health Store, which offer a haven of tranquillity and calmness. Charlotte Street & Broad Street car parks are both a 5 minute walk from the venue.
Seasons Natural Health Store, 10 George Street, Bath BA1 2EH
Polly also works in South Devon from Yellow Door Therapies, 2a East Street, Ashburton TQ13 7AA
MEET THE TEAM
Polly Chadwick (owner) is an experienced massage practitioner and holds BTEC and ITEC qualifications in Swedish holistic massage and Anatomy & Physiology, Diploma in pregnancy massage, and is certified in deep tissue massage and remedial massage.
Polly is a CIMI (Certified Infant Massage Instructor) and trained through the IAIM International Association of Infant Massage. She teaches Hypnobirthing and uses The Wise Hippo programme.
- BTEC Level 4 professional diploma in Holistic massage, Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Level 3 professional diploma in Holistic massage, Anatomy & Physiology
- CIMI Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate in Deep Tissue massage
- Certified Hypnobirthing teacher
- Hands Free certification
- Level 2 Breast Feeding Peer Support
- Certificate in seated acupressure massage
- First Aid
Polly is a fully registered member of the following professional bodies and holds full insurance with them:
FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
IAIM International Association of Infant Massage
Wise Hippo Hypnobirthing UK
Jo Greenwood (MTI CNHC) qualified from Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork where she gained a level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Jo has also gained certificates in specific studies of the Anatomy and massage including focus on release work of the neck. Jo is a great therapist, has a natural warmth and empathy and is very passionate about the work she does.
Jo is certified to offer the following treatments:
- Diploma Level 4: Deep Tissue Massage
- Diploma Level 4: Swedish Massage
- Diploma Level 4: Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate: Neck release
Jo is a fully registered member of the following professional bodies and holds full insurance with them:
CNHC Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council and Balans.
Bronwen Williams is hugely experienced in massage and CranioSacral Therapy. She has recently moved back to the UK from San Francisco where she ran a busy and thriving business. She offers treatments for all ages including new babies and post-natal mums.
Bronwen holds the following qualifications:
- Visionary Craniosacral Work, Milne Institute, California & Orego
- Craniosacral Therapy, Upledger Intitute, San Francisco
- Yoga: Teacher Training, International Sivananda Organization, California
- Bodywork: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Zen Shiatsu, Reiki II, San Francisco
- Anatomy: Dissection Workshop, Gil Hedley, San Francisco
- Shamanism: The Sacred Trust, UK
- Distance Healing: Suzanne Scurlock & Lori Cherwitz, Distance Healing from the Core, USA
CranioSacral work is effective for a wide range of medical problems. It’s light, but deep. Gentle, but gets to the core of the issue. Whether you are experiencing physical or emotional pain, going through major life changes or simply need to get a handle on stress, CranioSacral work can help you come home to yourself.
Bronwen tailors her treatment to suit the individual, offering a range of styles including light/deep, still/slow/dynamic, focusing on treating injuries, or just helping you to completely zone out and relax. Using a blend of techniques including Swedish Massage, deep tissue massage and CranioSacral work. Bronwen can tune in to the person/body with an intuitive touch so that you receive longer lasting and more effective results from the treatment.
Mel Williamson originally trained in Somerset where she completed the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage. Since then, she has been practicing in St.Kitts where she partnered with local practitioners to create an individual style blending deep tissue, Swedish, remedial and active release therapy, and trigger point therapy.
Mel has gone on to train in many areas of holistic health including Reflexology and in particular Reflexology for prenatal clients. Her extensive practice and broad client base allow Melissa to address conditions with the most efficacious techniques, leading to rapid, lasting results and permanent resolutions of not only symptoms, but also the underlying causes.
- ITEC Level 3 Reflexology including Facial Reflexology, Spinal Reflexology & Pregnancy Reflexology
- ITEC Level 3 Pregnancy massage
- ITEC Level 3 Holistic Massage Therapy Diploma
- VTCT Thai Hand and Foot Massage Diploma
- Thomas Myers, Fascial Release for Structural Balance
- Fully registered member of the FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
- Certified Baby Yoga instructor with Birth Light
Fully registered member of the FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
Ruby Stansfield graduated from the Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork in Holistic Massage, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, (Practitioner Level 4 Diploma).
Ruby’s style of massage practice is suited to clients that wish to have their treatment work on their emotional and well as the physical body, by using a wide range of massage techniques, from energy work to deep tissue, her treatments will leave you with a more comfortable presence in your body.
The treatments she provides build from light touch to deeper pressure while maintaining a deep level of relaxation to ensure a client’s body is relieving tension never holding it. In your consultation, Ruby will work with you to put together a treatment that is tailored to you and create a bespoke experience, and her focus takes a holistic view of the body and aims to provide a massage service that encompasses the mind and body.
Ruby holds the following qualifications:
- Massage Training Institute, Holistic Massage, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology,
- Practitioner Level 4 Diploma, Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork
- Registered member of the Massage Training Institute
- Full insurance with Balens.
Livvie Haines trained at The Cotswold Academy in Cirencester gaining an ITEC Level 3 Holistic Massage Diploma including Anatomy and Physiology. After developing a keen interest in Women’s health, especially during her own pregnancy and birth, Livvie went on to train with Gateway Workshops in Pregnancy Massage, along with Warm Bamboo Massage.
After having her own children and recognising the incredible benefits that Baby Massage can bring ,not only to the child but for the amazing bonding benefits for the parents, Livvie knew that she would love to be able to teach other parents to use baby massage on their own children. She trained with Gateway workshops in Baby Massage instructor training and loves this part of her role as a massage therapist running classes with parents and their new baby.
Livvie has a down to earth nature and a very personable approach to treating her clients – ensuring that they are comfortable and at ease from the moment they step through the door. She adapts her treatments so that each one is unique, beneficial, professional and special for each person.
Livvie holds the following qualifications: :
- ITEC Level 3 Holistic Massage Diploma including Anatomy, physiology and Pathology.
- Diploma in Advanced Deep Tissue Massage
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Diploma in Warm Bamboo Massage
- Baby Massage instructor training
Livvie is a member and insured by FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists.
Karli Conn qualified in Level 4 Holistic Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology at the Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork (BCMB) and has since gained certificates in Deep Tissue Massage, Eastern Foot Massage and Hot Stones Massage.
Karli is passionate about working with clients to put together a tailored massage treatment to suit their individual needs, blending a range of massage techniques to provide a holistic approach that positively impacts emotional well-being, as well as targeting muscular aches and pains.
Karli will work with you during the appointment to agree a bespoke treatment based on your requirements, including relaxation for a busy mind and body, mobilisation and stretches to relieve any stress being held in the body, and muscle tension release through deep tissue and trigger point work.
Karli holds the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage (Massage Training Institute)
- Deep Tissue Massage certified (BCMB)
- Hot Stones Massage certified (BCMB)
- Eastern Foot Massage certified (BCMB)
Karli is a registered practitioner under the Massage Training Institute and holds full practitioner insurance with Balens.