The Bath Massage Company was founded in 2010 by Polly Chadwick to provide professional, caring, holistic and person-centred massage treatments and courses.
“I set up the business with the main goal of offering the best massage possible to help people in their health and wellness journey, and to support them through a really tailored treatment to address their individual needs. I am very proud today to have a fabulous team with me, who all have their own unique massage style, but all have the same ethics and that is to give the best massage possible and treat each client with the respect and compassion they deserve” Polly Chadwick
Polly and team work from the recently and beautifully refurbished treatments rooms at Seasons Natural Health Store, which offer a haven of tranquillity and calmness. Charlotte Street & Broad Street car parks are both a 5 minute walk from the venue.
Seasons Natural Health Store, 10 George Street, Bath BA1 2EH
MEET THE TEAM
Polly Chadwick (owner) is an experienced massage practitioner and holds BTEC and ITEC qualifications in Swedish holistic massage and Anatomy & Physiology, Diploma in pregnancy massage, and is certified in deep tissue massage and remedial massage.
- BTEC Level 4 professional diploma in Holistic massage, Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Level 3 professional diploma in Holistic massage, Anatomy & Physiology
- CIMI Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate in Deep Tissue massage
- Certified Hypnobirthing teacher
- Hands Free certification
- Certificate in seated acupressure massage
- First Aid
Polly is a fully registered member of the following professional bodies and holds full insurance with them:
FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
IAIM International Association of Infant Massage
Wise Hippo Hynobirthing UK
Treatments with Polly are available Tuesday to Thursday – to make an appointment with Polly please contact us.
Jo Greenwood (MTI CNHC) qualified from Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork where she gained a level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Jo has also gained certificates in specific studies of the Anatomy and massage including focus on release work of the neck. Jo is a great therapist, has a natural warmth and empathy and is very passionate about the work she does.
Jo is certified to offer the following treatments:
- Diploma Level 4: Deep Tissue Massage
- Diploma Level 4: Swedish Massage
- Diploma Level 4: Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate: Neck release
Jo is a fully registered member of the following professional bodies and holds full insurance with them:
CNHC Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council and Balans.
Treatments with Jo are available Wednesday to Saturday – to make an appointment with Jo please contact us.
Mel Williamson originally trained in Somerset where she completed the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage. Since then she has been practicing in St.Kitts where she partnered with local practitioners to create an individual style blending deep tissue, Swedish, remedial and active release therapy, and trigger point therapy.
Mel has gone on to train in many areas of holistic health including Refelxology and in particular Reflexology for prenatal clients. Her extensive practice and broad client base allows Melissa to address conditions with the most efficacious techniques, leading to rapid, lasting results and permanent resolutions of not only symptoms, but also the underlying causes.
- ITEC Level 3 Reflexology including Facial Reflexology, Spinal Reflexology & Pregnancy Reflexology
- ITEC Level 3 Pregnancy massage
- ITEC Level 3 Holistic Massage Therapy Diploma
- VTCT Thai Hand and Foot Massage Diploma
- Thomas Myers, Fascial Release for Structural Balance
- Fully registered member of the FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
Treatments with Mel are available on a Thursday – to make an appointment with Mel please contact us.
Jess Wenlock has a background in sports science and is currently in her 3rd year at Bath Uni studying BSc Sport and Exercise Science. She is absolutely crazy about all things relating to the human body, how it works, how it performs and how it heals after injury.
Jess has done some amazing work and recently was part of Team Wiggins U23 Cycling Squad (P/T) where she was a Soigneur, providing massage for team riders both pre and post-race.
In 2019 Jess spent some time in Australia at NSW Institute of Sport as a Sport & Exercise Science Intern where she gained invaluable experience and worked with the hockey and track cycling programmes assisting in the provision of physiological testing, climate chamber exposure and strength & conditioning programmes
Here she specialised in the performance analysis of the athletes including the provision of live match coding and statistical output creation (Sportscode), filming of matches and training sessions and Hudl uploading for remote analysis
Jess is certified to offer the following treatments:
- ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage
- ITEC Level 3 Deep Tissue Massage
- ITEC Level 3 Swedish Massage
Jess is a fully registered member of CThA and holds full insurance with GINS Limited T/A Holistic Insurance Services.
Treatments with Jess are available Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday – to make an appointment with Jess please contact us.
Helen Hudson is an experienced Massage Therapist and Reflexologist, and has a vast amount of experience under her belt. Helen qualified back in 2004 and has worked in various health and wellbeing centres since, including an impressive 14 years at Babington House, the beautiful Grade II-listed manor house with an award-winning wellbeing spa in the heart of Somerset.
Helen holds the following qualifications:
- Massage Training Institute, Holistic Massage, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, (Practitioner Level 4 Diploma), Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork
- Reflexology – Association of Reflexologists Diploma in Reflexology, Rosalind Oxenford School of Reflexology
- Myofascial Release (Foundation, Intermediate and Accomplished Levels), School of Bodywork, Exeter
- Brandon Raynor’s School of Natural Therapies, London – Certificate of Remedial Massage
- VTCT Level 2 Award in Facial Massage and Skincare
- Usui Reiki (First and Second Degree)
- Emergency First Aid At Work (March 2021)
Helen’s ethos about how treatments should work mirrors that of the BMC ethos, which is, she believes that the aim of massage and reflexology is to treat the whole person. Seeing the body as one complete system and through her massage treating not just the symptoms, but also the causes of stress, discomfort, and pain in the body.
Helen tailors her massage to suit the individual, offering a range of styles including light/deep, still/slow/dynamic, focusing on treating injuries, or just helping you to completely zone out and relax. Using a blend of techniques including Swedish Massage, deep tissue massage and myofascial release. Helen can tune in to the person/body with an intuitive touch so that you receive longer lasting and more effective results from the treatment.
Treatments with Helen are available currently on a Wednesday – to make an appointment please contact us.
Please contact us to discuss any of the treatments available or if you’d like further information on anything on this website.