Hypnobirthing is part of our Bump, Birth, Baby UK service and is a new and natural approach to safe, relaxed and comfortable birthing. Our hypnobirthing classes prepare you with the knowledge, confidence and tools, empowering you to have the right birth for you.
This life-changing antenatal education programme creates confident parents who trust themselves and, by using their natural instincts, make choices that are right for themselves and their families.
Hypnobirthing uses techniques which include breathing, deep relaxation, visualisations and positive affirmations. These techniques help to reduce your levels of stress, anxiety and fear, and so promote the release of the wonder hormones, “endorphins” and “oxytocin”, allowing your body to give birth efficiently and comfortably the way that it is designed to do.
Hypnobirthing gives you the tools you need to release any fear and tension that you may be holding on to that could impact on your having the type of birth that you desire.
The Bath Massage Company Hypnobirthing course teaches you deep relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to prepare your mind and body for the birth, which will allow your body to take over and birth your baby as nature intended. The course focuses on techniques for mum and her birth companion to ensure the birth of baby is a joyous experience you share together whether it’s your first, second or subsequent birth.
Bump, Birth, Baby UK Hypnobirthing Course
Option 1 – face to face, two x 4.5 hour classes run from our Bath based studio
Option 2 – live online, four x 2.5 hour classes, run from the comfort of your own home
Included in the courses is a workbook and 5 x mp3s for you to use and support your practice at home. The course is recommended from 20 weeks onwards.
Our new live, online Hypnobirthing classes will help to equip you with an invaluable set of tools to keep you calm and in control during labour, with the help of your birth partner.
We use the online host platform, Zoom, to stream our courses. Zoom has a great reputation for being reliable, secure and easy to navigate. Upon booking yo will be send log in instructions and all the information about when the course starts. Even though the course is run virtual we strive to make it as interactive and engaging as possible and feedback from recent courses has been very positive. Claire a recent client said “Polly made the online course very personal and engaging and although it was online we both felt like she was with us in the room, really enjoyable”
The classes include:
Session 1 face to face and session 1&2 Online
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme material
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
Session 2 face to face and session 3&4 online
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explain
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
Face to Face group classes
Couples together over 2 sessions in Bath (central city location)
- The course fee includes 10 hours of personalised training, 5 x MP’s, a comprehensive Hypnobirthing booklet with additional reading and resources.
- The classes are for mum and her birth companion.
- Currently courses run over two consecutive dates held on the weekend.
- Refreshments are provided
- Complimentary pregnancy massage (can be booked on any date)
- Fee £225.00 per couple
Online, Live group classes
Couples together over 4 sessions online with Polly
- The course fee includes 10 hours of personalised training (2.5 hours per session), 5 x MP’s, a comprehensive Hypnobirthing booklet with additional reading and resources.
- The classes are for mum and her birth companion
- Currently courses run over four consecutive dates
- Complimentary Pregnancy Reflexology and massage class
- Fee £150.00 per couple
Private classes are available in the convenience of your own home or at my venue in Bath.
Extra cost applies for home visits. Please contact me for more details and prices.
Since relaxation and focus are required, children are not permitted to attend the classes. If you are 37+ weeks please ask about the intensive 1-day class.
Upcoming Course Dates 2020
- Online course: JUNE 2nd, 9th, 16 & 23rd at 7pm to 9.30pm
If you’d like to find out more then please contact me for a discussion about the programme. And if you’d like to read some birth stories from clients who have done my course read them here.
Birth Affirmations MP3 – click on the link below to hear our Birth Affirmations MP3 created by Polly
Our courses have limited places and course bookings are non-transferable. All cancellations incur a standard £50 cancellation fee. In addition bookings cancelled with less than 2 weeks notice will incur a £75 cancellation fee.
We require a minimum of 2 participants per course. In the very unlikely event that we need to cancel a course, we will give you a minimum of 2 week notice. Yu can then either transfer your booking onto an alternative course or receive a full refund.