2. Reach both arms up toward the place where the wall and ceiling meet. If you are outside and there is no wall or ceiling, simply reach up into the air so your arms are about even with your ears. Reaching your arms up, as opposed to reaching down toward your foot, will keep your back straight
3. Keep your back straight. You should be bending forward slightly from your hips
4. Reach forward and feel a stretch in your hamstring behind your thigh
5. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds, and repeat three times
6. Switch legs and repeat with the other leg
Note to readers: Before starting any exercise/stretch programme check in with your doctor to ensure that exercise is safe for you to do. If you feel any pain or abnormal sensations in your hip, thigh, or lower leg, then check again in with your doctor.